A blog? Really? How 2001 of me.
Seeing that the internet is now a digital wasteland of easily copied astroturf posts, suggested links, and other garbage, I felt like running a site myself might be the way to go again.
Mind you, it’s not the first time I’ve done this. I was a pretty avid blogger on KernelTrap years ago, and had my time on MySpace/Facebook. But the truth is, I’m kinda tired of that crap. Here’s a page you can go to and not struggle to find the content through the ads.
So what’s new? Not much, really…it seems like maybe I should list a few facts about me:
1. I’ve lived in the Phoenix metro area for over 10 years now. It’s crazy. I thought this was going to be a quick stop, and here I am, still.
2. What’s in a domain name? A lot of stories I guess, but suffice to say, I still love cats.
3. I still love to play music. I play bass pretty well, guitar decently, and drums OK. I’ve been in a few bands over the years. The Andys, Keeping Shay, Dirty Dan and the Distributors, Bitter Allegiance, Drop Spin, and now, Thermionics. There’s been a bunch of less memorable ones in there too.
4. I’m still a UNIX/Linux user, for over 15 years now. I even managed to turn that infatuation into a career.
5. I’ve got way more projects than I have time for. Someday, I’ll either learn to be realistic and estimate time well, or I’ll have enough energy to somehow power through them all.
Cars, guitars, donuts, motorcycles, cheap laughs, b00bs!
Enough for now.